Monday, March 15, 2010

My Chick Bad- Ludacris

Battle of the Sexes

The number two top album on itunes at the moment is Battle of the Sexes from rap artist Ludacris. The “Mouth of the South” has a most recent big hit from his new album called ‘How Low’. In Battle of the Sexes, Luda is rapping about one of the things he knows best which is the female species. Luda shares album space by featuring some of the “illest” female rappers of the past, present, and future such as Eve, Trina, Lil’ Kim, Ciara, Monica and Nicki Minaj.

First of all, Ciara? She’s not a rapper in my eyes, I don’t really know why she was put in that category. Although I love ‘How Low’, it is being over played and getting repetitive, especially when I feel in love with it two months before radio stations started playing it. My recent love in the ‘Sexes’ album is the song ‘My Chick Bad’ featuring the future of female rapping Nicki Minaj. This song is filled with attitude and cockiness (to characteristics I’ve been accused of having sometimes…oops), and if you’re a girl it kind of makes you feel like you’re the “baddest chick” in the world (in a good way of course). And for guys, it can make you feel like your chick is number one as Luda raps, “My chick bad, my chick hood, my chick do stuff dat ya chick wish she could.”

I’m a lover of all types of music, but I love some good “hood” jams of course. Anyone else into this genre have any thoughts on this or other artists?

No comments:

Post a Comment